View Single Post

Old 08-12-2011, 04:12 PM

Liked 336 Times in 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in Vermont View Post
Just what I was thinking. We've talked endlessly about firepower, comparing calibers and loads and discussing which is better for self defense. Along comes a gal with a .22 and with one shot drops the perp. Now I look at my .38 snubby and say "and look what your little brother did with just one well placed shot". As some others have said, better the .22 in your hand than the .45 you left at home.
Steve, as you well know there is also the mental part of being shot. Many people have died from non fatal wounds simply because their brain told them they were shot and dying.

There are people that will shake off a hit or multiple hits from a .22 and take the mouse gun away from the shooter. I have seen guys that were high on some drug take hits from larger calibers while still being aggressive. It is not just the caliber, the placement or the number of shots as much as it is the mental and physical conditioning of the person shot.

That said, I want to increase my odds by using a .45acp with 230 gr JHP and hitting prime areas with multiple shots.