View Single Post

Old 08-13-2011, 09:26 PM

Liked 6,591 Times in 2,191 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladidi1963 View Post
Ok, I will try and explain better...sorry guys..when I am shooting the gun, first round, I have inserted the clip and racked a round...I fire, the gun will not fire another round until I put the gun back on safe and back to firing again...I hope this is better
So ... are you saying by "racked a round", that you pulled back on the slide and released it, chambering a round, at which time the hammer stayed back in the single action, cocked condition ... and you were then able to fire the gun by pulling the trigger ... but when the slide came back and cycled forward, once again cocking the hammer and leaving it back, that you were unable to fire the gun by again pulling the trigger?

The hammer stayed back and didn't fall when you pulled the trigger? Could the trigger be moved at all? Did it move freely or was it locked up? Or, did the trigger move and cause the hammer to fall, but the gun just didn't fire the round?

But then, if you decocked the hammer (with the safety), returning the lever to the up/ready-to-fire position, you were able to fire the gun by pulling the trigger ... in double action?

Did the hammer not remain cocked when you racked a round the first time, but followed the slide forward?

Was your first shot fired in double action or single action?

Was there a fresh round in the chamber after the first shot?

Not being there to actually see what was, or wasn't, happening it's hard to understand what might be occurring from your description.

Is the magazine in the fully inserted & locked position for normal feeding & operation? It hasn't slipped down and disengaged the trigger/drawbar from the sear because of the mag safety?

Sounds like this 6906 really needs to be checked over by someone, like a gunsmith.

Last edited by Fastbolt; 08-13-2011 at 11:26 PM.