View Single Post

Old 08-16-2011, 08:41 AM

Liked 656 Times in 307 Posts

Never cut OEM springs - you may just need them! I don't have stock in Wolff springs, but I do use a bunch. Just get a reduced power set - you can always 'go back' to the OEM units, which is hard to do once you've 'clipped' them.

S&W errs to the high side, spring rate wise, to ensure your hammer will pop any primer - and to ensure that the trigger will return for another shot - no matter the state of cleanliness of your revolver. Nothing sinister - just 'good marketing'. I keep my firearms clean - and reload using Federal primers - my play-only revolvers get light springs. Personal protection revolvers are generally left alone.

My wife is 5'10" and prefers her Seecamp .32 for pocket carry - and loves her recent LE PPK - but she has trouble pulling the slide on both of them - something to consider in a 'protector'. Her bedside gun is a 2" 10 - loaded with +P 158gr LHPSWC's - she likes the easy loading - but not the size. My 642 so-loaded is way too much for her - with 148gr lead full wadcutters from Zero, she is fine with them - actually quite the plinker!

Stainz