View Single Post

Old 08-17-2011, 03:58 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by feralmerril View Post
What about the hard working farmers, ranchers, small store owners, small contracters, cafe`s and business owners? They have zilch help for any benifts, pensions, medical, paid vacations, no one pays the matching social security, no days paid off for jury duty, no sick pay, no paid holidays. Never do you ever hear anyone bragging them up! Yet they are heros of mine. No one helps them or gives them anything, yet they get to pay all servicemens, cops, firemens, politicans pensions.
You sir are certainly entitled to your opinion, and that is one of the benefits of living here in America is that you can express your opinion pretty much anywhere anytime. BUT the first folks that you mentioned there...they work for themselves...the American dream, the second group works for THEM so that they can live that American Dream...please provide a way that we ALL can have all the riches that this country and our way of life provides while at the same time having someone who is willing to put their life on the line for that but who we don't have to pay with our taxes...oh wait I know we can all live in gray buildings and run around in the same types of uniforms and call each other comrade...maybe in your world there is no need for a military, police officers, firefighters, and politicians...or maybe I am just not seeing this Utopia you are talking about....just me