View Single Post

Old 08-17-2011, 05:04 PM
US Veteran

Liked 32 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveh75 View Post
You sir are certainly entitled to your opinion, and that is one of the benefits of living here in America is that you can express your opinion pretty much anywhere anytime. BUT the first folks that you mentioned there...they work for themselves...the American dream, the second group works for THEM so that they can live that American Dream...please provide a way that we ALL can have all the riches that this country and our way of life provides while at the same time having someone who is willing to put their life on the line for that but who we don't have to pay with our taxes...oh wait I know we can all live in gray buildings and run around in the same types of uniforms and call each other comrade...maybe in your world there is no need for a military, police officers, firefighters, and politicians...or maybe I am just not seeing this Utopia you are talking about....just me

The pension issue is not based on; nor does it have anything to do with how hard one works. It has to do with the fact that you are putting yourself in the position of going to war.
You give up your civil rights, the choice of where to live, basicly get paid diddly, put up with all kinds of hardships, you cant change jobs any time you want because you don't like your new boss, nevermind the joy of haircuts, uniform inspections, and being property. (before you argue that last one, read the military enlistment contract.)