View Single Post

Old 08-18-2011, 12:02 PM
US Veteran

Liked 2,632 Times in 970 Posts

Nice looking 31TC.

I have never seen anyone shooting a Remington 31 for Trap, either Registered or for casual practice. I only know of one shooter who does that, and he's from the midwest somewhere and I have never met him.

I always liked the 31 as a police officer and picked one first, then took an 870 if the 31s were being used by someone else. The Winchester 1200s just sat there, pretty much despised by everyone.

I never tried to buy a 31TC for trap as I am one of those shooters who uses a release trigger and have heard that it is impossible, or nearly so, to covert the 31 to release.

Used 870, 1100/1187 and Winchester Model 12 release triggers are plentiful, and it doesn't cost much to convert any of their pull triggers to release if one can't find a used one that particular day.

Winchester Model 12s are still seen on the Trap fields and, of course, 870s are seen as well. Prices on both are pretty reasonable.

But 31s, which I really like, are just not there. You have a very nice gun and I hope you are shooting trap with it.

Bob