View Single Post

Old 08-18-2011, 09:04 PM
US Veteran

Liked 592 Times in 286 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdV8 View Post
I thought that same thing when I first saw one, but then I learned about the history of the ISP pistols. They were the first ones to discover that a heavily fired 39 no dash extractor was a weak point. They basically told S&W to fix it or go fly a kite, so they fixed it with a really wide version of the extractor coming out with the 39-2.
It's interesting that the "fix" was a short, wide extractor, but then they went to a narrow extractor on the 39-2 model.

Didn't the short-wide extractor end up on some of the second-gen pistols, like the 439 or 539 ? They must have found some ISP spares laying around

At the risk of totally hi-jacking this thread, my 39 no-dash 316xx has a slide stop lever that sticks out of the frame on the right side well past the vertical plane of the slide, but the 39-2 is pretty much even with the edge of the slide. Is that normal, or do I have an improper replacement in the 39 ?

Back on topic - nice ISP 39 ! I doubt I'll ever run across one of those way out here in the upper left corner, but it's something I look for.

Last edited by BruceB; 08-18-2011 at 09:09 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: