View Single Post

Old 08-22-2011, 09:41 AM

Liked 50 Times in 20 Posts

About a year ago I ran across a stash of ammo owned by a recently deceased FBI agent who in retirement became a RSO for the qualifiying range. The story as I understand it was that the local cops and other agents would give him all their "extra" or left over ammo at the range. This guy had amassed quite a stockpile of unique stuff.

I ended up with boxes of the "FBI load" from each manufacturer As well as some "Treasury loads" in addition to many other boxes of unique ammo.

Here's a few pictures of some of the stuff I picked out that now resides in my stash. These might be of interest to this thread. Some of you may not have seen these loads or boxes/part#'s before.

Federal "FBI loads"

The Remington's are on the left - (2) boxes of .38 Spl. (+P) Part# R38S12

In this picture they are the Winchester Western's on the right - 38 Special 158 gr. Hollow Point +P Part# X38SPD, next to them you will see the "Treasury load" - Winchester .38 Special +P+ 147 Gr. JHP Part#Q4296

Also an interesting load is the Federal Premium .38 Special High Velocity (+P+) 147 Gr. Hydra-Shok JHP Part# P38HS2G which is kind of a "competitor" to the "Treasury load".

Here's all of what I purchased from this lot.

I hope this was of interest to you all. I suppose I could take pictures of the individual rounds if someone desired.

I'm not going to tell you what I paid for all of this as it would make ya'll sick.

Have fun and be safe.
Nightshade2x
The Following 4 Users Like Post: