View Single Post

Old 08-23-2011, 04:09 AM
US Veteran

Liked 249 Times in 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueeast View Post
I have a 25-5 w/ checkered targets, very good looking, but kinda big for my hand. I don't like the rubber grips. My question is; if I went to magnas what would that do for me? Also, how would a Tyler t grip fit in that equation ?
Sir, relative to factory targets, magnas will make it somewhat easier to reach the trigger if you have short fingers. They'll bring the fingers of your trigger hand higher on the gun, which will bring the muzzle down somewhat compared to where the gun points with target stocks.

Magnas with a grip adapter such as the Tyler-T will point about the same as target stocks, but will be slimmer overall. If you have large hands, the pinky of your shooting hand may be crowded off the bottom.

As someone else noted, finger-groove grips were made for someone else's hand. They might fit you, but in all likelihood they won't. Try them if you want, but don't be surprised if they don't suit you.

FWIW, I like magnas on N-frames, especially for double-action shooting. They're not as well-suited to single-action shooting as the big target stocks are.

Hope this helps, and Semper Fi.

Ron H.