View Single Post

Old 08-23-2011, 05:57 PM

Liked 656 Times in 307 Posts

Collecting and hoarding are so different. I've watched the TV shows about hoarders... easy to tell the difference. I saved plastic margarine and cottage cheese tubs. My wife said it was time for an intervention... I tossed all but two of each. The relief was instantaneous. Like my guns, knives, model trains, etc, I was a collector... not a hoarder... you have to save used diapers, domestic animal remains and waste, old home delivery pizza, etc, boxes - and the like - everywhere - to be a 'hoarder'. You also have to be nutty as a fruitcake. Every gun collector I know seems just as normal as I am. Where was that 29 again??

Stainz

PS Allen-frame: My wife started my S&W collection nine years ago - with a 625-7MG. I'm up to, well, more than your displayed collection - by a few - and stll have the wife! Keeper!! The CC gets paid off every month. It can be done. Living in an older house - driving now 7 yr old cars (My truck was 12.5 yr, my car 14 yr - when sold! Both still ran fine. Don't know why I sold the truck!). Also - limited dining out. There are ways to afford those gun purchases. Always remember - you have two kidneys!

Last edited by Stainz; 08-23-2011 at 06:14 PM.