View Single Post

Old 08-25-2011, 12:12 PM
US Veteran

Liked 90 Times in 49 Posts

Dueeast, I have a similar problem with N-frame targets. They look great but the ergonomics are all wrong. As you know they flair at the bottom where the shortest fingers are and prevent a good shooting grip for the average size hand not to mention being useless to a small to average hand.

I find magnas with a grip adapter to be an excellant grip and have several N-frame guns set up this way. This is a good alternative to the targets. The big drawback is the short supply and recent high prices to the Tyler adapter.

I don't particularly like rubber either, but I have some guns with rubber on them. Rubber can make a range session enjoyable and improve the results on target when shooting a revolver that has a pretty good thump or stiff recoil. I use rubber if the end result is better with it. To hell with how they look if it improves my shooting. The forty caliber and up guns can be uncomfortable even if they aren't considered magnums. I often shoot at least a hundred rounds or more through my 44 specials and 45's. They can make my 57 year old hands painfully sore the next day if I don't use a good grip.