View Single Post

Old 08-25-2011, 02:38 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom turner View Post
Nuthin' fancy here (no light box, great camera, expensive gun) . . .

But here's my new M&P15OR, already updated with the new, recently released Magpul MOE handguards. These make an amazing difference in the handling of the carbine . . . more like the original triangular M16 handguards.

These truly have a more triangular shape to them (hard to show), that lays in the hand much better. You can mount accessory rails on the sides and bottom too for lights, straps, mono grip/bipods, etc.

Naturally, it works well with the A2 type front sight, but also works great with the tall gas block on the front of the S&W M&P15OR too, I'm very glad to say!

Naturally, this new carbine is a work in progress. I imagine backup flip-up front and rear sights are next, along with a different grip.

Suggestions on front sight? It rests on the taller gas block than many AR15s have, so I've got to keep that in mind.

T.
I have an M&P15 OR that I just converted to a M&P15T by removing the handguard & replacing the gas block with the low profile one from Troy.

Before I made that conversion I bought the Troy folding front sight and it lined up perfectly because the gas block rail on the OR is exactly even with the top rail on the upper.