View Single Post

Old 08-31-2011, 01:15 PM

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

I got a phone call from the NRA last night. Basically it went like this, as an Benefactor Member, your support gas been in the top 1% of all NRA members. You have been nominated for an award. It was the Golden Eagles Club, she patted me on the back, blew smoke up my skirt and told me I would get a few chotskies, certificate, pin, shooters cap etc. Then she told me the dues would be $200 each year. I have no problem making donations. Heck I support any semi-worthy cause that knocks on the door. I do however resent being, for lack of a better description, given an award that costs me $200/year to accept. They would have much more success with me just calling it what it is. She asked me if she could tell Wayne LaPierre yes on my behalf in accepting the nomination. I said no this time.

By the way, I got a nice leather jacket each time I upgraded my membership. They have different colored patches but otherwise look the same. Life membership patch is blue, Endowment patch is red, Patron is green and Benefactor patch is white. My life jacket has to be about 20 years old at this point and basically looks new. The jackets have been very nice and I wear one or the other on most cold days. Somewhere along the line they gave me a pretty nice Bowie knife on a plaque too.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: