View Single Post

Old 08-31-2011, 06:48 PM

Liked 1,237 Times in 449 Posts

[QUOTE=32 Magnum;136100197]Flightmec73,
You have a small frame auto ejecting 2nd Model Harrington & Richardson PREMIER 2nd Variation and it was made between 1906 and 1908. This Model/Variation was offered with 2" (Bicycle Model), 3" (standard), 4", 5" or 6" barrels, Nickel plated (standard) or blued finish, 7x.22short or long or 5x.32 S&W chambering. It was made to handle smokeless powder loadings. If safe to fire, it will handle any modern factory loaded .32 S&W cartridges (the shorter one). Yours is equipped with the optional "TARGET" grips. It looks to be in "good" condition and it would sell at RETAIL between $150 to $200. The scarce 4" barrel and the optional large, wrap around grips add some collector interest to it, adding may $25+ to the selling price to a collector (of which there are currently few but a growing number).
Blued finish also adds some value as the vast majority are found today in Nickel finish.
Nice, uncommon, piece you have there.

32Magnum, first let me say thanks for your service, and thanks for the information on the H&R Premier. I noticed your Octafoil; my father served in the 9th during WWII. Here's a photo that I brought back from a recent trip to Germany that shows just a little bit of the respect and recognition that you guys deserve:

Also, here's a 22 LR Premier that I picked up a few years ago; kind of a cute little thing, but it's a bit loose and I've never had the courage to shoot it:

And a couple of other H&R's; the long-nosed one is pretty accurate:

It's nice to know that there's other folks out there collecting old H&R's Mine just seem to have materialized over the years amongst my few S&W's. Anyway, info on the H&R's is much appreciated. -S2

Last edited by Speedo2; 08-31-2011 at 06:54 PM.