View Single Post

Old 09-03-2011, 01:50 PM

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default THANKS for the quick responses guys

Things that seem most (more) probable:
New gun break-in period (the slide did seem a little tight to me) or try different ammo and/or magazine.
--
Things less probable (my judgment only, of course):
Limp wrist – not too likely (I’m 270#, 6’-1” grew up on a farm, lifted beehives for twenty years and shot .45s before) BUT I’ll definitely renew my concentration on that item (just to make sure).

Gun grease – had not used Tetra on the gun prior to shooting it this first time (it had only whatever kind of oil the original owner had used; I’m guessing Rem Oil). Besides Tetra is the white stuff that’s supposed to be pretty good stuff – it’s on there now so we’ll see.

Recoil Spring was (and is) installed correctly – I double checked.

Novack magazines – Is that the same as ACT-MAG Italy? That’s what my gun came with and they have the S&W logo on them at the base. They have a beautiful blued glossy finish – that’s why I didn’t use them (didn’t really want to mess them up). So I had bought the Wilson’s to use – had gotten good reports on the 47Ds from several folks. But I understand there is a Wilson magazine with a stronger spring for use primarily with +P ammo - …just wondering if that would do any good.

And last (but not least): Yes, may have to have S&W take a look at it. But that may cost me since I’m not the “original” owner (even though I’m the first to ever fire the darn thing). As I understand, their warranty is only for the original owner (and he had sent in the “registration” card).

So I guess that leaves me trying to run some different ammo through it before I spend more money on a gunsmith (no offense meant to any of you gunsmiths – you guys have saved my bacon more than once!).