View Single Post

Old 09-05-2011, 06:10 PM
US Veteran

Liked 265 Times in 146 Posts

The Sport is no different than any other AR in regards to the front sight and the decision to put an optic on it. I would recommend a scope vs. and EOTech although there is nothing wrong with the XPS2 (I run one on my shotgun). I say this because you mentioned grand kids and I know my 55+ year old eyes appreciated a magnified view when shooting longer distances.

You may have to put a riser on the between the rail and the sight....it depends on the type of mount and how high it sits. You'll want a good cheek weld regardless of it being an EOTech or some other type.

One other thing....I wouldn't classify your Sport as anything resembling a starter kind of AR. The Melonite coated barrel will give you many years of service and the lack of a dust cover isn't any issue....none of my bolt action rifles have dust covers and they've been reliably working for decades upon decades.

Here is a pic of my M&P15 in its current configuration. The best part about an AR is the near infinite ways you can customize it for your own needs.