View Single Post

Old 09-06-2011, 12:16 PM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 135 Times in 31 Posts
Default My RM, consecutive number to Gen Patton's

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF View Post
I'd love to see it if you could post a pic!

GF
Well here is my long awaited reply. I only wish I had the photographic skills of my board friends. Here is registration number 505, consecutive to General Patton’s. The gun is pictured exactly as purchased several years ago. Missing 95% of its bluing, it resides in a thin layer of Brownell’s RP-2 to protect it from rust. I was treated to some communications with Roy at the time as to a possible refinish. He held neutral on the issue but I sensed he felt the old warrior should be left as is; that’s what I did anyway. Its ironic that the diamond grips are pristine, I’d have to imagine the previous owner replaced the originals. The final paragraph of Roy’s letter with the Patton reference is also attached. As a side note, I can still remember being a young boy growing up in the Chicago area going to Von Lengerke & Antoine with my father; the shipping destination for my RM. It was a store that created wide-eyed amazement in me with sporting goods from African safari gear to polo uniforms with everything in between and a very large firearms department. Legend has it that Al Capone had shopped there but who knows. Again my apologies for the images but hopefully you will get some reasonable representation. Ed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0050X.jpg (68.2 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0053.JPG (27.6 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0057X.jpg (62.6 KB, 136 views)