View Single Post

Old 09-06-2011, 11:29 PM

Liked 1,576 Times in 626 Posts

I consider the laser as a training aid in a point and shoot kind of way. Alternate cylinders laser on/off and try to hit within an 8 inch area one handed. empty the gun as fast as I can reacquire the target with the laser or with whatever my hand and eye "sense" tells me. Reload.

That being said.

A little practice makes activating the laser efficient and quick, like unlocking a 1911, If you're right handed and use your offhand thumb to activate the laser, you pretty much have a good, firm, two hand grip. If you have a good two hand grip you can turn the laser on or choose to leave it off, a possible tactical decision not supported by CT. Lefties can reverse the hand functions.

The cylinder release is ambidextrous, the cylinder opens left and turns clockwise to the shooter's eye. You have to release the trigger fully for it to reset during rapid fire, otherwise the cylinder may fail to advance or it will advance but the hammer doesn't fall and you skip a round. I've been able to recreate those failure to reset symptoms in my 617 and 642 but it was much more difficult than with the BG38.

It's not a collector's gun. It's not a target gun. I do think it's the kind of gun most appropriate for the person who is going to own one personal defense gun. They work fine.