View Single Post

Old 09-07-2011, 10:38 AM

Liked 336 Times in 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlovingirl View Post
I have Medicare, but I also received SSDI. Your coverage for under $200 a month seems pretty reasonable. I checked into supplemental coverage but was denied due to pre-exisiting conditions. And I'm sure even if I could find a company who would insure me, they would exclude anything having to do with pre-existing conditions. Which wouldn't help me. I tried to get help from the state, but was denied. Believe me, I get very little from SSDI. Thankfully when I was in the cardiology unit this past January, and with all the treatments, tests and procedure afterwards, the hospital accepted me in their patient assistance program and forgave all the charges Medicare didn't cover. Which was a lot. And in case you thought Obamacare did away with the pre-exisiting condition excuse by insurance companies, it doesn't take effect until 2014. Hopefully by then Obamacare will be either gone or reworked. You did pretty good oldman45. Now you can afford to get sick! But...here's hoping you don't!
There is a law that says if you sign up for a supplement within six months of becoming medicare eligible, there is no pre existing condition exclusion. This has been the law for several years and has nothing to do with the current person in the White House.

My medicare supplement is costing me $115 per month. Then the cost of medicare is added. The only questions on my app were name, DOB and address. They were not allowed to ask anything about my health.

Last edited by oldman45; 09-07-2011 at 10:45 AM.