View Single Post

Old 09-10-2011, 11:57 AM

Liked 325 Times in 148 Posts
Talking Thanks to the LGS!

Thanks. Where I'd originally ordered it informed me a couple weeks ago that it was going to be January before I got it.
Needless to say, I was disapointed to say the least. Just to be fair, I had done much business with Gil over the years and if they could of got me one sooner they would. Unfortunately, Mr. Hebard is basically winding his business down,(He used to be a major S&W distributor) and I think that S&W is sending the new guns to the high volume shops and he's at the lower end of their list. I'd like to add that Gil Hebard was the best thing that could of happened for me as a new guy to gun sports. He mentored me and was a great role model.

I stopped by a fairly new shop to see if they had one. They had two, that a guy had just bought a little earlier in the day.

Much to my surprise, those guys found me one and called me to make sure I wanted it. Are you freakin' kidding?? I was in their shop in under a 1/2 hour, did the paperwork, went back the next day and I now own one. I LOVE it!

If you're ever in Galesburg, look up Galesburg Guns and Ammo. Lots of different guns, mostly tactical oriented, and the goodies to accessorize(read that, suck the money out of pocket types) and very nice people to deal with. Also, Tom's Gun Shop is a nice place to visit. He usually has some gems to check out and Tom is a nice guy also.

Well, time to go to the range!

Hobie