View Single Post

Old 09-12-2011, 05:55 PM
US Veteran

Liked 81 Times in 29 Posts

I'm reading this thread and the comments on illegals after just this morning spending 2 hours at United States Customs and Immigration Services office in Detroit. My wife and I were there for an interview for her Green Card. She is Fillipina and I brought her here on a K1 ( fiance ) Visa. To make a very long ( and expensive ) story short, this is not the end, but kind of the middle of her journey to citizenship. We have spent many hours, reams of paper, printer ink, & postage filling out forms, getting medical exams & shots blah, blah, blah... getting to this point. Today, we were interviewed by an " Adjudication Officer " whose first words were " Do you have any questions?". My wife gave me that " keep your mouth shut" look, so I didn't say a word about the unfairness of all this.
When we left the building ( without a definitive " yes or no" ) I told my wife, " Ya know, honey. I should have just bought you an airline ticket to Mexico two years ago and met you at the Rio Grande with a couple of towels! By now you would have free medical, free housing, food stamps, a driver's license etc., etc.! and we'd be livin' large!!!"
But, I once pledged to " support and defend the Constitution of the United States" and, besides, she's worth it.