View Single Post

Old 09-14-2011, 11:25 AM

Liked 6,256 Times in 2,327 Posts

The three big issues of marriage or just about any relationship are money, sex and power, not necessarily in that order. These have to be decided. The settlement is never equal. Like it or not, few will ever get to have everything their own precise way. Such people are few. They are usually people who go through life alone... or surrounded by weak, dependent people. If one is more committed to self than one's wife, then at best the marriage will suffer. At worst, it will fail. In either case, both husband and wife loose. In a good marriage, both husband and wife learn how to give and take. In a good marriage, there is a lot of give and take... you have to give a lot more than you take and take a lot more than you give! Apart from that, you will have little success in marriage as well as other relationships of life whether career, hobby, etc. You have to decide if you love your wife/husband more than you love a possession. Personally I value my wife. She reciprocates that affirmation. We don't agree on all things. But we work things out. And, if I see that there is something I really care about and think is important but that it is pushing us apart, then whatever it is has to go. Things come and things go. People are not replaceable. We live in a disposable society. But I will not dispose of people... especially my wife. There's no one else like her in this entire world! I will not trash our marriage relationship for anything.