View Single Post

Old 09-16-2011, 04:31 PM

Liked 1,921 Times in 1,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule3 View Post
Welcome. You will get lots and lots of different views.

Here is a good thread to look over and maybe answer some questions.

First thing to buy is the ABC's of reloading and I always suggest to go to the RCBS site and watch their videos, It will give you an idea of what is involved ( not that you have to buy their stuff but it is one of the best. Don't be intimidated by the Smurfs who like those Blue Dillon things.

RCBS - Precisioneered Shooting Products - Guide to Reloading

Want to start reloading, need ya'lls input
I want to emphasize this. Add to that buy and read a few of the big name reloading manuals like Lyman, Lee, Hornady, Speer, and any others. My first press was a RCBS Rock Chucker and I really like it but I kind of wish it was a Forster Co-Ax instead. Then I bought a Lee Classic Turret and I loved it. Actually I still love it and intend to keep using it. But now have started getting everything for a Hornady Lock N Load AP for my very first progressive press. All that yabbering being said, I'm not in the half that reloads to save money. I do it because I have learned that I love loading my own ammo. I also learned to cast my own and the Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook was invaluable for this. I think I'm not alone in that many of us start reloading to save and then go nuts and find it just becomes a part of the hobby that is just as fascinating and enjoyable as the shooting.

Soooo.....

Try to figure out what your end desire is and if you can, try to decide how deep you are willing to go. Any single stage press is a good safe way to start, but the Lee Classic turret only takes about five seconds to be made into a single stage press. I love the Rock Chucker but could just as well have started with the Lee Classic Turret. I no longer find it so easy to give this kind of advice since I have now dove into the deep end. You may find you could buy the Lee single stage kit and in six months you may find you are worse than me. It's hard to say. Good luck though!!!