View Single Post

Old 09-16-2011, 04:38 PM

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Dillon 550B will satisfy virtually any of your needs short of the .50 BMG (I use a LEE Classic Cast for this caliber) and would be my first recommendation followed closely by Hornady's Lock-n-Load progressive. I've got a dozen different presses. Most work as advertised. The better products offer lifetime warranties. Dillon has went over and beyond in taking care of me after the sale, Hornady has also done well. RCBS has left me high and dry and left a bad taste in my mouth though I realize I may be the odd man out here. Any of the 3 manufacturers named will likely be an excellent choice for you.

If you plan on loading a lot of ammo (perhaps 400 rounds per month) or plan on doing this for a long time (life long endeavor), look at a nice progressive set up from the get go. If you think you'll load fewer rounds or aren't sure about your decision and are just feeling the water get a single stage press. There is one nice thing about starting off with a single stage press and that is simply that you really get a chance to inspect and get a feel for each step in the process. It might be a better way to learn. It doesn't take long to get on to this and for those that are careful a progressive makes sense after only a short time.

Last edited by GearHead_1; 09-16-2011 at 04:40 PM.