View Single Post

Old 09-16-2011, 11:47 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Fiber Optic Sights for Older 66-1

I am not new to either handguns or shooting, but I am new to revolvers since I have been trained primarily on semi-autos.

My brother is a retiring Arkansas State Trooper and he gave me a superb gift, his older S&W Model 66-1, which he carried on duty for nearly 20 years. He is much older than I and more of a father-figure, so the revolver holds fond memories for me.

It is a superb shooter and my wife absolutely loves to shoot the 66-1. It serves as her home defense handgun when I'm frequently away on business.

I would like to set up our 66 with fiber optic sights. Please forgive my lack of knowledge, but does anyone even make fiber optic sights for an older 66-1? My revolver was likely manufactured around 1979-1980. I've research older 66's, and it's my understanding that newer production revolvers have "pinned" front sights. My revolver does not and is of the older design.

Thanks in advance and I appreciate the experts at this forum and any advice you can provide regarding better sights for my 66-1.