View Single Post

Old 09-17-2011, 05:30 AM

Liked 527 Times in 181 Posts

I don't know... we had a really good marriage and friendship until he retired and didn't want to do anything or go anywhere except to the garage and drink. Everything I did to entertain myself, he had a problem with because it took attention away from him. So after two years of him screaming at me to quit whatever I was involved with at the time, he demanded a divorce in a drunken snit fit and then refused to take it back because he "didn't want people to think he didn't mean what he said" and he "has his pride."

He also has my house, my furniture, my safe, my dog, my friends. Oh, and I had to quit the job I love because I couldn't afford to live where I worked on the income I was making part-time. He refuses to keep me on any of his insurance once we're divorced. For all of this, he said I could have $20,000. He wanted the divorce over with in 90 days. I have balked and the proceedings are stalled at this point.

So I left and went to do some work in a far away place to stay busy, make a difference, and be completely out of my element so I don't get depressed.

And that's where we stand.

And it's a shame.