View Single Post

Old 09-19-2011, 02:01 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry to piggyback, I hope this fits with the thread...

I bought a Burris Speeddot 135 for my 15 Sport. I also bought a 1" riser to mount to the flat top rail.

Looking through the Burris, the "dot" sits on the top of the front sight...which isn't a problem. However, being a noob, and not having fired it yet, if the "dot" is zeroed correctly and I take aim using the "dot", won't I be considerably low of the target, as the RDS is mounted an inch off of the flat top, thus higher than the barrel???

I tried the Burris on my 10/22, standard rail mount, and was not even close to where the RDS was showing when I fired at 25y and 50y. Like scary off...like, put it back in the case before you hurt someone, off. I tried adjusting, as you would a standard scope, which I've done before, but couldn't come close to dialing it in on the 10/22.

Kinda freaking me out now, I don't want to be throwing .223 lead downrange without being at least semi accurate.

Thoughts??? I'll be shooting from a bench with a bipod until I get comfortable.

I was going to replace the gas block and front sight with a low profile block, then install a flip up sight on the drop-in quad rail I bought, but don't want to jump the gun and drop more cash than I have to. The whole idea was to be able to use the RDS or a standard 3x9 40mm scope at different times.

Sorry for the noob question...I don't have anyone to bounce ideas off of at the moment and feel I need a better understanding before firing live rounds...that, and I'm a little weary of where them dang things are gonna fly.

Thanks for your time.