View Single Post

Old 09-19-2011, 05:31 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default GSSF match @ BGSL, Wilmore KY, 10.22/23

BLUEGRASS REGIONAL CLASSIC XIV
OCTOBER 22-23, 2011

It is that time again for the 2011 GSSF match. The match will be held all day Saturday and Sunday with registration from 9am-2pm each day. Registration will be in the Main Clubhouse and will be handled by the Glock Staff. If you are interested in shooting in the GSSF match, please go to the GSSF website for instructions and to pre-register (saves you $10 if you do...$25 first entry if you pre-register, $35 first entry day of match). This year, BREAKFAST and LUNCH will be served on the range by the Youth Division. They will be cooking in a trailer on the Bullseye range for everyone’s convenience. Lunch will be $5 for a hamburger or 2 hot dogs, a drink and sides. Breakfast will be bacon/ham/sausage biscuit and other selections with prices per item. HELP SUPPORT OUR YOUTH DIVISION and have a bite on the range!!

As always, we are looking for lots of volunteers to help run the match and keep things running smooth. We will need 10-12 people to help set-up on Friday, Oct 21 from about Noon-4pm. Then we have *six (6)* shifts to work for the match. I am going to try to cover lunch breaks this year so things do not shut down. Shifts are Saturday 8am-Noon, 11am-2pm and Noon-4/430. Then the same on Sunday. The 11-2 shift will be very limited and is first come first placed. These workers will float around and relieve other workers for lunch. Again, you DO NOT have to have previous experience to work this match, anyone can check in, paste targets, paint steel and write down times. The only place that experience is required is to actually run the timer and function as the RO/SO. **Please be specific when emailing me with which shift you can work..."I can work Sat" is not enough. Also, If you are going to shoot the match, let me know so we can talk about the work schedule and when you want to shoot. I HIGHLY encourage everyone to shoot the match!!!! ALL match prizes (except 1st-3rd place) are randomly drawn...so if you don't shoot, you can't win a FREE PISTOL (or other prize). All workers will receive from GLOCK a FREE hat, shirt and item of their choosing for working, if you work at least one shift on two different days, you get two items. The Pistol club will provide one $5 voucher for breakfast or lunch for workers per day. All workers will be entered into the PISTOL drawing for 2 GLOCK pistols (one entry for each shift worked).

**WE WILL AGAIN RAFFEL TWO GLOCK PISTOL CERTIFICATES THIS YEAR!! GET A RED OR BLUE RAFFLE TICKET FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN!! These certificates are good for your choice of any standard model and caliber Glock. They will be available at most of the pistol matches (USPSA, IDPA and Steel for sure.) and the regular Club Meetings. You can also get in touch with me, Tom Tryon or Lin Edwards if you would like a ticket. As always, the tickets will be limited to 200 @ $5.00 each. As soon as they are all sold, we will have the drawing.
Come shoot one of the other pistol competition matches, GSSF is just the beginning!!!

PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO ANYONE YOU THINK MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN SHOOTING OR WORKING THIS MATCH!!

Thank You,
Jeremy Kifer
GSSF Match Director