Thread: Model 41 Tuning
View Single Post

Old 09-21-2011, 08:19 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Model 41 Tuning

Thread drift welcome - especially if it will extract nuggets from Jerry Keefer!

To keep this going I want to continue on the accuracy topic and the possibility of diagnosis of issues.

The targets I have printed show some promise of great accuracy with a few disturbing flyers. This was off sandbags at 25 yards, so still a potential for human error. Excluding flyers the groups would be in the 1" range with flyers out to 2.5".

In my mind I'm trying to piece together the contributors of the flyers. Ammo and shooter are two big ones, but is there anything with the description above that would indicate something specific with the gun and possibly things that can be ruled out. For example, if tight groups are possible can the barrel be ruled out? Are flyers caused by something like head space? I don't know, with all the possible variables, if this can be a true statement.

The reason I started this thread is to come to terms with the accuracy of my recently purchased, used, model 41. It doesn't seem to be the tack driver I expected and I'm trying to determine whether I accept the accuracy as a casual shooter or formulate a plan to have these issues resolved, what to have addressed and how much $$ it will take.

Only accurate guns are interesting, and the pursuit of accuracy is exhausting.

Thanks all.