View Single Post

Old 09-22-2011, 12:06 AM

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut44 View Post
Just a friendly heads up on a Nickel 27-2 that is on one of the auction sites. I had the chance tonight to drive 40 minutes after working 12 hours to look at a advertised NIB 3.5" well to say the least it was a 80% gun nothing near NIB. Very bad nickel, screws boogered, garage polish job, wrong hammer and grips as per end label. To say the least I was dissapointed but I had my doubts by looking at the pics on the auction but I figured I would check it out because it was not too far from where I live, so I informed the seller that people buying these type of guns are collectors and it is very misadvertised and the person that might eventually buy it will not be happy I promise, so to one gunnut to another save youself $1100 and alot of greif!
I am soooo glad that you took the ride. I emailed the seller a week ago to set up a day to look at the gun. He never got back to me and we never arranged a meeting. I knew then that something was a miss. Thanks for the heads up. One gun for sure I will take off my watch list.