View Single Post

Old 09-25-2011, 09:39 AM

Liked 1,825 Times in 736 Posts

If your wife/significant other doesn't have a nice mixer consider getting her a Kitchen Aid table top mixer for her B-day , X-mas or whatever. They run around $2-300. There are two models, the less expensive one pivots back while the heavy duty model has a crank that raises the mixer up out of the mixer bowel. Then for an extra $50 or so, you can get yourself the meat grinder attachment.
I've been using mine...oops, I mean hers... to grind up the local whitetail population for the past ten years or so and haven't had a problem. There are also various other special attachments available, such as sausage making tubes, pasta makers, coffee grinders and etc.

The real beauty of it is that my faithful wife has been tickled pink with me buying her a high quality kitchen appliance that just "happens" to be useful for my venison processing . And it is one that has also churned out countless cakes, pies, and other delectable pastries during the off season.
Sometimes I feel bad about my kitchen subterfuge, but not often. Now, if I can only figure out a way to use a chronograph to time eggs I could get her one of those too...
John