Thread: 617 22 Revolver
View Single Post

Old 09-25-2011, 03:19 PM

Liked 40 Times in 25 Posts

Here's mine, a 617-1 that I picked up used at a show about 5 years ago. I paid $550 for it then, expect to pay considerably more now for a 4" 617 of any vintage.

Mine is as accurate and reliable as any handgun I've ever fired. I've easily put 20,000 rounds through it since I purchased it. I have no idea how many rounds were fired from it in the 13 or so years between its manufacture date and the day I bought it.

Mine is not all that picky when it comes to ammunition. Accuracy ranges from superb to unbelievable. Over the years I've fired the cheap Federal bulkpack from Walmart, Federal Game Shok high velocity ammo, CCI standard velocity, and CCI minimags. Presently, I'm shooting CCI standard with the gun. It's reasonably clean burning for .22lr and as accurate as anything out there.

Here's a good measure of how accurate this gun is. My wife owns a Model 41 with a 7" barrel. This is a gun of legendary accuracy. She's a fine shot with it. I'll sometimes have an informal competition with her. At 10 and 15 yards I can stay with her round for round. At 25, she has an advantage, but it's slight.

Definitely buy this gun! Don't flinch at the price, you'll more than make it back in the cost of cheap .22 ammo, and the gun will not lose value over time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (63.1 KB, 37 views)