View Single Post

Old 09-28-2011, 02:57 PM

Liked 372 Times in 188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post

One possible issue, I had a problem with the screw holes in these wood grips not lining up exactly with the threaded mainspring holder that you have to use with the Hogue grips. I eventually got the screws to tighten to at least flush with the grips, but there is "side load" on the wood near the holes due to the misalignment and I don't like that. I hope it won't cause the grips to crack later, under the force of recoil.
I've run in to this problem while modifying the CT grips. CT, Big Dog and Hogue all use a plastic block with threaded inserts to support the mainspring cup and to secure the retention screws. Sometimes these blocks can have a bit of flash on them which misaligns them just a bit in one direction or another.

With a bright light, you should be able to see through the screw hole which direction you need to move them to line up the threads with the screw hole in the grip. Just a bit of light file work to knock off the flash or allow a bit of movement in the frame "fingers" might be all you need. Try moving the block with an awl.

Best,

John