View Single Post

Old 09-29-2011, 08:31 PM
US Veteran

Liked 18,981 Times in 6,862 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbohn28 View Post
I think part of my confusion was seeing the different names thrown around for it and those that are very similar (i.e. hand ejector, military and police, regulation police).
Well, Jeremy, let's straighten this out a bit for you. First, it is definitely not a Regulation Police revolver. That gun was a I frame revolver and was chambered for the .32 S&W Long. Your revolver is built on the K frame and shoots the .32 Winchester Center Fire, aka .32-20.

Now, while it shares the frame size and many other characteristics with the .38 M&P, I don't think it is technically correct to call it an M&P either. There was, of course, a .32 M&P in the post-war period before model numbers were applied, and it was built on the K frame, but was chambered for the .32 S&W Long. The .32 WCF was never chambered in a S&W revolver after the war, nor was it ever chambered in an I frame revolver.

The accepted correct name for your revolver is the .32-20 Hand Ejector Model of 1905 or .32-20 Hand Ejector Third Model. In your case, it is one with the 4th engineering changes.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,
Jack

Last edited by JP@AK; 09-29-2011 at 08:33 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: