View Single Post

Old 10-04-2011, 04:45 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 5,696 Times in 848 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo44 View Post
I can't believe I for got to say what a gorgeous example of a 22/32 H F Target you have. What a great find!
Thank you!

I had a chance to give it a good cleaning last night. It's really in very good condition with just enough character to not feel bad shooting it. All the serial numbers match (barrel, extractor, cylinder) and the bore in the barrel and chambers are mirror bright. It looks like it hasn't been shot very much all. The side plate screws are perfect and look like they've not been turned. If they were, it was with the proper screw driver by someone that wasn't a hack.
All in all, this gun looks like it was owned by someone who appreciated it and took very good care of it.

It's my first Smith with a gold bead front sight and I'm really impressed with how good the sight picture is with it.

I'm planning on having it lettered and I'm looking forward to finding out exactly were and when it started its' life.

It's really neat to be able to fondle a gun that's 80 +/- years old. The craftsmanship that went into these old Smiths is nothing short or remarkable. I think I get as much pleasure out of just looking at them as I do actually shooting them.
I'm hoping to get her to the range in the next few days to see how she shoots.