View Single Post

Old 10-05-2011, 05:44 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzhync View Post
Absolutely, send it in for service. Mine has a long pull as well, but it kicks over reliably. I must admit that I wish the trigger pull was a little shorter and smoother. I was hoping it would be more like my Kahr PM9, but instead, it is more like my Ruger LCP...maybe even a bit longer than the LCP. In general I like the pistol, but my complaints would be the trigger pull and the laser. I have been practicing with dry firing with laser turned on. By focusing the laser on a target while I pull the trigger I am trying to improve my ability to keep the laser steady and without wobble. I wonder if there are any "gunsmithing" adjustments that could be done to improve the trigger. Not saying I would attempt it, but maybe a trained gunsmith would know how to smooth it out.
There is a fix, saw it on a homemade video. I think I was looking for a complete stripping of the S&W bodyguard. It was a bad quality video but he really did a complete stripping and the spring you are referring to he cut in half and than stretched it out to the original size, making it less of a HARD pull. I'm betting in another year or so we will have a few of those videos around the net to do our own repairs. That trigger does suck, but there is something about that 380 that everyone seems to really love. I'm buying another for the wife, but waiting for the price to come down a little. Bought mine for $414 and have one on order for $289 (internet price).