View Single Post

Old 10-08-2011, 08:12 AM
Banned

Liked 576 Times in 307 Posts

It is a design issue. A faulty one in my opinion. The blast shield is not made of sufficient material to keep this from happening and they must not have intended this firearm to be shot a lot.

Either way, it seems to me to be like having a car that can go 70 mph 10 times, on the 11th, watch out because it will throw a rod sure as the world. Drive it 55 mph and that puppy will last you a lifetime. Wanna get to it's full performance level though and you have 10 times at it, no more.

Not many of us would to that. If we bought a car that did that and lived in the western states where the speed limit would allow us to drive that fast much of the time, we would be silly to do so. They make cars that are able to go to 70mph over and over and over and over and .........you get the drift, and not be harmed in the least bit as long as proper maintenance is done on them. The first car in question had absolutely no maintenance items to perform to make it last longer other than drive it slower.

Seems simple to me. You want to shoot a 44Mag, fine. You want a carry revolver that is light and still has the "punch" of that wonderful round, fine. You want to shoot a lot, that is fine too, just don't expect it from one revolver! And certainly not the one that has the "70mph" limit!

Get a new firearm that is all steel, change powders for your range practice loads (You can shoot a few of your hard core loads to impress folks standing nearby) and load the snot out of your hunting/ccw carry ammo and carry your light revolver with it.

FWIW