View Single Post

Old 10-08-2011, 09:50 PM
Banned

Liked 576 Times in 307 Posts

Well, that is a much better reply from your first go 'round! THANKS!

And no, it isn't a total waste of time.

Here is how I am following your logic in having this ultra-light revolver. Which, I carry one too, only in the wimpy 38Spl.

It is a BUG though and not the first line of defense, so to speak.

At any rate, from what I am getting, you need to shoot your carry stuff in a firearm that has a lifetime of 1000 rounds. Okay, I guess I can follow that. Then, you have to send the firearm that you practiced with for a carry sidearm in to be repaired because you shot it so much in practicing to be proficient with it so you could shoot it more and that caused you to have to send it in to get it fixed 'cause it only lasts for 1000 round, well, one part of it that is.

So, buy two, carry one and send the other one in, rotate them! Or, do like a cop did not that long ago and carry a M28 or one cop I know that carried a M629 or even John Linebaugh, another of us that knows nothing according to you, who carries a M25, um, everyday, um everywhere.

So, while I do see the need for a lightweight revolver, even in the powerful 44Mag, I still don't think that you HAVE to spend all of your time shooting that firearm to be proficient with the firearm that you are going to carry. Case in point: Ruger 45/22 if you carry a 1911, any one of the good 22 caliber firearms that are made by the same maker that you have for a carry semi-auto, with the same controls and all. Or, what about the military using 22 caliber rifles for some of their training? Check the CMP store. Bolt actions and such. Now, with their 223 and 9mm firearms, recoil isn't that big of a deal so they probably don't do that much anymore.

I get it though. I understand why you do it. Just to me, it makes no sense at all. But, if the world was all like me, it would be a boring place and we all would be carrying a Glock 21 with two magazines everywhere we went, to the corner grocery store or all the way to Kalifornia!

To each his own, thanks for explaining though.