View Single Post

Old 10-12-2011, 05:55 AM
Banned

Liked 576 Times in 307 Posts

Shooting Chrony's are all I have ever owned. Son #2 took one out with a .30/06 and drove right to the gun shop and bought me a new, better one. I have the blue one, Beta?, I don't know. I should get the remote for it. Not because I am lazy abut because I can retrieve data without hollering "Going down range!" and making everyone else stop shooting!

The are the ONLY tool we have to tell us anything about pressure. Oh, they won't tell us that we have excessive pressure BUT they will tell us that we are pushing the envelope. A load with xxgr of powder should give us xxxxfps from a 4" barrel with xxxgr bullet and we are getting xxxxfps +200fps, we are in a bad area. Your gun ain't gonna be that fast unless it has a bunch more barrel than the recipe was developed with.

It will also tell us what kind of performance we can attain from certain powders. Which are more consistent, which perform better in light load or heavy loads.

Again, wouldn't be without one. The cheapest ones are right at $100. Well worth th investment!
The Following User Likes This Post: