View Single Post

Old 10-13-2011, 04:55 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontr1 View Post
Hi all, I am really new here as I have not been around for years. As of yesterday, I am the new owner of the M&P Sport! I was looking at the .223's and had almost decided to get the Ruger Mini 14. Then yesterday morning, I happened on a forum where someone mentioned the Sport. I started reading all that I could and did not take long to decide that my little M&P .40c needed a relative in the family. I was lucky enough to find one locally and whet right down and purchased it. I have not done any target work yet as I got home after dark last night. We live way out in the country with wheat fields all around. I went out and emptied a magazine over the field. I loved it. I think I made a very good buy!!

Ron
Welcome to the forum Ron! There's a lot of knowledgeable folks here. I think you will enjoy your stay.

I picked up a Sport recently as well. It works great. You saved some money and in my opinion bought a far superior rifle in every way by choosing the Sport over the Mini 14. I owned a Mini 14 and found it was prone to jamming and was no where near as accurate as an AR.
Enjoy your new rifle and be safe out there in the wheat fields. .223 goes a long way before dropping to the ground. Post some pictures of that Sport when you get a chance.

Last edited by jt185; 10-13-2011 at 04:57 PM. Reason: added text