View Single Post

Old 10-17-2011, 01:05 AM
US Veteran

Liked 3,380 Times in 1,736 Posts
Default I just had to rescue this model 15-4

went to a local gun show to get some ammo and came across a S&W model 15-2 in 38 special. Poor little beasty must have a hard like. Front sight had some dings, scratches on the cylinder,
cylinder retaining screw all buggered up. No end shake and good tight lockup was the clincher. Throats of the chambers were all leaded up and lead all over the face of the cylinder. Spent most of yesterday scrubbing the bbl, and the cylinder and finally got out all the lead. Been thinking of an iron sighted 38 special to carry when cutting the grass. Barrel is now spotless I'm happy to report. Has the wide milled trigger and large thumb pad on the hammer. T&T maybe. Some rust under the grips and a few spots on the frame. Some 4/0 steel wool and some breakfree clp and thats no longer a problem. Grips are worn more on the right side than on the left. Police gun?. Will have to check to see if I have an old set of rubber grips around. Think I overpaid $300 but I plan of installing a brass bead on the front sight and clean up the dings. Update, it's a 15-4 tiny letters and 65 year old eyes don't go together very well.

Last edited by Frank46; 10-18-2011 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Model 15-4 instead of 15-2