View Single Post

Old 10-17-2011, 01:14 PM

Liked 263 Times in 143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by welldoya View Post
I was in my local WalMart yesterday and they had an M&P 15-22 in the case. Price was $397 which, from what I can see, is a really good price. I know Academy's price is $429 (and they are usually out of them) and there's a LGS that wants $479.
I started to go ahead and get a couple (Christmas presents) but decided I better do a little research first.
What is the deal with the threaded barrels ? I've read that some have them and some don't. Are these different models or just older and newer versions of the same model ?
In my research, I read one thread that said the WalMart version is a non-threaded barrel and comes with a 10 round mag. Others say that theirs came with a 25 round mag.
I just want to make sure that I really am getting a good deal and not just buying a cheaper version of the gun.
Any input on the WalMart M&P 15-22 ? Thanks.
I can't say as to what WalMart's policy is regarding threaded barrels, but to the best of my knowledge, the non-threaded barrels are for states that still have AWB or that just don't allow for a threaded barrel. I would imagine that if you do not live in a ban state then they could get which ever model they wanted and it could just be that WalMart doesn't want to sell any type of firearm with "evil" features, regardless of whatever state a particular store is in....Just a thought.