View Single Post

Old 10-19-2011, 09:34 AM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default 15-22 Performance Center Owners - Reliability Question

Before I posted this question I reviewed several pages of threads here to make sure this is not a duplicate post. While there is a long thread related with the Performance Center (PC) 15-22 it was started a long time ago and most of the thread is related to the existance of and specifications for the PC 15-22. Now the PC model has been shipping and is described in detail on the S&W website here:

M&P15-22<br>.22 LR - Smith & Wesson

So as of today there is no question about the PC 15-22's existence or specifications. This brings me to the next logical question - how does the PC 15-22 perform compared to the regular production 15-22?

Here is why I am asking. I currently own the regular production 15-22. I bought it several months ago and it works great. Very reliable and I have not experienced any problems with it. I really like my current 15-22. But I visited my local gun shop yesterday and they had a PC 15-22 in stock. I like the higher quality barrel, collapsing stock and two stage trigger. BUT I would hate to buy the PC 15-22 and find that it is too picky about ammo. I do understand that it has a tighter chamber and I can't use stingers in the PC model. This does not bother me at all as I am no fan of using stingers in any of my 22 cal rifles - that's why I own a 22 mag. However I would be concerned if the PC model will not shoot bulk 15-22 ammo like the Federal bulk pack reliably.

So can those of you who own the PC model weigh in? What ammo do you shoot? Does it work with most brands or is it picky?

Thanks for your help & advice.