View Single Post

Old 10-20-2011, 12:34 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Webb View Post
The NAGR is not a registered lobbyist. It's just Dudley Brown, and his attorney Luke Odell.

Dudley Brown used to run the Colorado Association of Gun Rights.

The NAGR claims to have been instrumental in both the McDonald and Heller cases, but I couldn't find a single mention of them in either case. Not even a supporting brief.

I work too hard for my money, so I'll just stick with supporting the NRA and the SAF.
Wow. What passes for "research" on here is simply stunning.

1) Luke O'Dell is not an attorney.

2) There are currently about 15 or so people that work, full time, for NAGR.

4) Dudley Brown never ran an organization by the name of "Colorado Association of Gun Rights." He has -- and continues to -- run for a number of years an organization called Rocky Mountain Gun Owners.

5) NAGR's amicus brief was, in fact, quoted in the McDonald case.

There's 5 points on which you are completely incorrect and can be figured out in about 10 minutes of Googling and, get this, picking up the phone and calling the organization.

For the rest of you -- and especially the guy who claims to be a shooting fanatic yet never hearing of NAGR -- being into "shooting" and into "politics" is two entirely separate things. You could be Rob Leatham or Jerry Miculek and not know the first frackin' thing about how to get people elected to office or how to push a bill through a legislature.

Guess what? Finding other forums like this one where six guys sit around and spout the same thing does not constitute "research." Did any of you think about contacting the source and asking them?

If you had, you might know that NAGR was instrumental in getting Constitutional Carry passed in Wyoming -- only the fourth state in the country to have that law. In my book, that's a pretty big win, but most didn't hear about it simply because the supposedly-great NRA was nowhere near it. NAGR is also closely aligned with several state-level groups like Georgia Gun Owners, Iowa Gun Owners, Wyoming Gun Owners, a gun group in Virgina and one in New Hampshire, in addition to major political forces such as Campaign for Liberty and the National Right to Work Organization.

Now, with all of that, who still thinks they are a two-man organization that isn't doing anything? And, if so, please do share your sources.

Brock Manson
A Voice