View Single Post

Old 10-20-2011, 03:28 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALADIN85020 View Post
The NAGR (Dudley Brown) came out AGAINST the concealed carry reciprocity bill now moving through Congress, claiming it could be modified to become a trojan horse.

Also, they are using scare tactics about the U.N. arms treaty, knowing full well the Senate will not approve it even if Obama tries to ram it through - this in an effort to increase donations.

The more I learn about them, the more I'd have to say they are not worth the effort. Stick with the NRA and GOA.

John
John,

They were right to speak against HR 822 for numerous reasons. Maybe you should call them and ask them why they did that? It *has* be amended. Point of fact, their claims have -- despite what the NRA says -- already proven true. The bill has already been amended and it isn't even out of committee in a Republican-controlled House. Imagine what happens when it gets to Harry Reid's Senate.

Do I know the Senate won't approve the UN's proposed Treaty? How do I know that? Remember who controls the Senate (referenced above).

And by "stick with the NRA and GOA" do you mean the same NRA and GOA that are fundraising off of, you guessed it, the UN Small Arms Treaty? I know for a fact that Wayne Lapierre has spoken about that subject on the world's stage more than once and they are cranking out emails regarding the subject. So if you claim that NAGR is using "scare tactics" regarding the UN, then you better point that criticism at the other two groups instead of advocating for them.

Or do you mean the NRA that compromised on the 1934 Act? Or the 1968 GCA? Or the "Assault Weapons" ban in 1994? Or the NRA that has rated politicians with "A's" who have consistently voted against the Second Amendment? Do I hear Harry Reid's name, anyone? No? How about the current governor of Montana, who just vetoed Constitutional Carry there despite his "A" rating from the NRA? Or, better yet, how about endorsing 13 of Nancy Pelosi's "most protected" Congressman in the 2010 elections? Is that the NRA you're talking about?

I'm guessing that, after reading that paragraph, most of you are either completely unaware of those facts or are mad because you think I'm lying or being arrogant. If the latter is the case, do your research. If it's the former, don't listen to the people who tell you that the NRA is looking out for your best interest.

Brock Manson
A Voice