View Single Post

Old 10-24-2011, 04:32 PM

Liked 2,358 Times in 1,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwever View Post
if I detect your weapon on a stop, I just know someone I've pulled over has a weapon, no more at that point, because you didn't tell me.

If you detect a weapon then inquire about it. That was easy.

But if I stop you, (and in my state you don't have to inform me) and you don't tell me in advance you're carrying, then I subsequently notice you are carrying

I don't know how you would know I'm carrying a weapon as it is concealed, but even as such, if something is amiss and you ask me to step out of the car, I'm going to say, 'Officer I have a permit to carry a weapon and I have a weapon on my person now. What would you like me to do?' That is when I feel it would be appropriate to mention I have a gun. You are removing me from a place that the gun is secure, and possibly exposing the gun. Now you can deal with it however you would like.

I will respect your rights in any and every way I can within the context of my own or other's safety.
Respecting rights includes respecting my right to NOT disclose to you that I have a weapon. That is the law!

This attitude that a cop is in danger because a permitted person is carrying a gun is ridiculous. Knowing I have a gun on me won't impact a traffic stop for a speeding ticket or a light out. All it could possibly do is get the cop excited about nothing.
Can you imagine the thousands of stops every day where the driver has a gun and the cop never knows?

Just because I carry concealed doesn't make me a bad guy!