View Single Post

Old 10-25-2011, 09:36 AM

Liked 2,358 Times in 1,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwever View Post
You say, "This attitude that a cop is in danger because a permitted person is carrying a gun is ridiculous." I DON'T KNOW YOU'RE PERMITTED, THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT!!! Your giving me an attitude based on information I don't have?

If you've not said a word to me or presented credentials, fine, that is your right as Martya calmly points out. But then if I detect your weapon, you are forcing me into temporarily treating you like a threat until I figure out what's going on when you could of easily just disclosed at the start.
Maybe we have to think about HOW you would detect a gun on me. If I am sitting in my car with my hands on the wheel and you see a gun butt, are you going to freak out and pull your weapon while screaming like a little girl or are you going to say "Is that a weapon, and are you licensed?"

Big difference there. So if you see a gun, and you know 25,000 people are licensed to carry guns in your state, why in the world would it be a major issue?

Now if I pulled that gun out and pointed it at you and told you to drop your pants, okay, now you have an issue! No different though if I am licensed or not! You now have a threat. Now you should be excited.