View Single Post

Old 10-25-2011, 02:49 PM

Liked 1,003 Times in 349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Lake View Post
are you going to freak out and pull your weapon while screaming like a little girl or are you going to say "Is that a weapon, and are you licensed?" Big difference there.
Wow. Is that illustration worded like that really necessary to your point? Anyway, I don't choose how to respond, I follow a pre-established course of action. I use a tone of voice that is measured, audible for the environment, and deliberate and does not escalate emotions. Beyond that I would be remiss in discussing tactics, but I can tell you I do NOT automatically draw my weapon.

Look, probably the best thing someone could do to understand LE's concerns would be to read some incident narratives from officers being shot approaching vehicles. I was in Florida for training May 2010 and I had one guy from a large metro agency tell me they've had so many incidents they clear their holster retention devices and partially draw initially at every stop. I don't know anyone "looking for a fight." But officer's lives depend on being prepared for one that is brought to them.

Anyway, I agree to disagree, and I will follow our law-based policies to the very best of my abilities, and guard your rights and your safety in any and every way I can without compromising my or other's safety.

My final post on this thread respectfully submitted.

Last edited by dwever; 10-25-2011 at 02:53 PM.