View Single Post

Old 10-27-2011, 12:03 AM

Liked 456 Times in 205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVN3 View Post
Hey man, don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds like you wanted a gun, joined the forum and started posting questions having done no research prior. The vagueness of your questions seems to indicate that this is the case. Slow down, take your time, search the forums and learn. Do not rush into this; please just take your time. There is no one magic gun that does all; we are all living proof of that, with many of us having dozens of revolvers as Allen-frame has just demonstrated. Decide what you actually want to do with the gun, instead of just wanting a gun for the sake of having a gun. The gun needs to fit your needs and not the other way around, especially your first and perhaps only gun.

We want to help, but you are being so vague about why you even want one in the first place. All the information is here at your finger tips on this forum and elsewhere on the internet; no need in asking questions that have already been answered many times before. Go to a range and try some out for yourself. Got any friends with firearms? If not, most places will have a decent selection of guns for you to rent. In my experience, most other shooters at the range are friendly and will often let you shoot their guns if you tell them you are new or need help. Just mind where you point your barrel and you should be fine. Please get some time at the range before you buy something.

Sorry if I'm being presumptuous about your firearm experience; I'm just saying wait a little before you buy. In all of your three posts on this forum you are talking about buying or finding a gun, while still not knowing what exactly what you want. A better way of looking at it, is you shouldn't buy until you were absolutely certain all other options have been ruled out. Use the process of elimination to buy your first. You will certainly come across other guns in the process that will go on your "someday list", but there is only one that you should get as your first. Be certain about your choice; until then, put in your time with some research.

If I'm wrong about my "presumptions", it's because you haven't given us enough information. The more you can tell us, the better we can help.
I don't think all that is really necessary. The OP did ask about a specific gun, a 3" 6 shot .357 revolver. As noted by the replies, this isn't the type of gun you just find lying around every gun shop. He's gotten some good advice here and at least one lead through PM. That's what this forum is all about, helping other members, whether they have 3 posts or 3,000.