View Single Post

Old 10-27-2011, 01:26 AM

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon88 View Post
I don't think all that is really necessary. The OP did ask about a specific gun, a 3" 6 shot .357 revolver. As noted by the replies, this isn't the type of gun you just find lying around every gun shop. He's gotten some good advice here and at least one lead through PM. That's what this forum is all about, helping other members, whether they have 3 posts or 3,000.
3" 6 shot .357 mag isn't very specific at all. If one wanted to be specific and they had done their research, then they would just refer to the S&W model number, like everyone else here does. The third poster even suggested a Ruger, because of the lack of being specific. I think it's by coincidence and not specific need, that the request for such features that makes it a little more involved to obtain in a S&W. Like I said I could be wrong, but from his other posts it seemed he was not certain.

Look, I'm trying to be helpful too, just as you are. I thought he was rushing into it; he's asking buying questions too soon. First time gun buyer and 20 years old kinda hinted to me that this might be the case.

Why 6 shot? If he HAS to get a 3" barrel, you can get a 3" 7-shot .357 mag 686 Plus brand new, right now at Bud's online, no searching around, $687, free shipping. Done.

No mention of budget, brand, gun finish, intended use, internal lock preference or anything. In another thread he asked if there were really any advantage of 357 over 38 special; come on, dead give away. He needs to do some more reading and that kind of advice can only help...